Saturday, 30 January 2010

Overheard at the National University of Singapore

Just joined this facebook group, Overheard at the NUS. Viewed some of the updates on the wall. Damn funny! Let me share with you some.
[Simply a webpage where you write down funny or weird things you've heard in NUS]

Accounting Prof (on the merits of taking an accounting module): "You can go into banking, finance, consulting... and finally, education (being a lecturer) - erm let's not talk about that"

Girl was asking her friend while studying
Girl: Eh what does ultrasound sound like?


Chem lecturer: I will let u go at 9 pm....I must be very generous ( Lecture was from 6 pm to 9 pm)


Professor talking while a technician tries to fix the projector, he has the tendency to yell: I will NOT TOLERATE HANDPHONES RINGING IN MY LECTURE!!
*phone rings*
*utter silence*
Technician: Hello? *starts walking out with handphone and talking*
Prof: *pause* He's not a student


Chemistry lecture: "So *this* orbital has to interact with *this* orbital up here, because *this* orbital doesn't have the same symmetry has *that* one, which merges to form a new orbital with *those* over there ... oh sorry, I was pointing my laser pointer on MY own screen."


A/P Kunchithapadam Swaminathan: "You can call me Prof. Swami. My first name ... is not a word. It's a sentence."


Lecturer: Singapore is producing less and less babies, maybe because of National Service, the guys lost their girlfriends while they are serving the nation. (Whispers into the mic: Maybe we should abolish national service, because i lost my girlfriend during national service too....)

French Professer: "Singaporean women are like Ice Kachang... At first, when you see it, it looks really nice and sweet on the outside... But then when you try it you realise it's actually quite cold.... And as you continue, the more you dig, the more funny stuff comes out."

In an LAT1201 final examination:
Please turn off all mobile devices, handphone and pagers.
If you all still use pagers.


"It's proven that males die younger than females. So what's the solution? Girls, marry a younger guy!" - sociology professor

Prof Bernard Tan (paraphrased): I hated it back then in school when my maths teacher showed some complicated solutions and began with, "it is obvious that..." I was lousy at Maths, that was why I took Physics.

"I saw a marshmallow gun yesterday and wanted to buy it to reward marshmallows to whomever can answer questions in class. I'll just shoot it all the way from the front," Said an amazing political science professor.

This happened 4 years ago. A huge group of students around the LT started leaving half an hour before the lecture ended.
Prof "Why are you all leaving?"
students "we have a test in 15 mins at another faculty".
Prof "Oh I see. I feel much better now"


At an Intercultural class:
"Where do you find Bangaladeshis in Singapore?" Class:" Little India"
"How about Thais" Class: "Golden Mile"
"Filipinos?" Class: "Lucky Plaza"
"China Nationals?"..........Silence from the lecture group. Then a lone voice:
"Everywhere"


Professor explaining how a rectal thermometer works: You insert the thermometer in the rectum... (no response from class)... rectum??.. (no response from class)..I'm sure you all know what rectum is? (still no response from class)....Asshole? (class goes ROFL!)

Geography Prof: So now, let's have a break. Can someone go get me a cappucino.

Maths professor teaching directional derivatives: "So we have to take the derivative of the function with respect to 'u' and we take the vector on the 'k' axis. We write it as fu k - Oh gosh we really have to choose a different letter for this next time!" ;)

Chem prof: For those of you who didn't come to the mid term test for whatever reason there will be a make up test. Please don't bring cosmetics.




Matchmaking During NUS Lecture
He's my math lecture for last sem and this sem too! He's a good lecturer. ^^

No comments: